Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Willow's Tenth Birthday!

 
by Pa Rock
Proud Grandfather

Willow Files, my Oregon granddaughter, has a birthday today - a big one - she is ten!

Willow has spent her entire life living in the same house in Oregon with her two older brothers, Judah and Sebastian, and her parents.  She is in fourth grade and goes to a nice school located very near her home.  Willow is a good student and likes school, and I know that during the pandemic when all of the kids had to stay home, Willow really missed being around her friends.   Willow learned to play the ukulele at her school, and now she is learning the violin.

Willow is also a talented artist.  Last year her beautiful drawing of a cheetah (her school's mascot) made the cover of the school's yearbook, and this year she has developed an interest in drawing anime.

One of my favorite memories of Willow was when she and her mother came to Arizona to take care of me after my heart surgery in the spring of 2013.  She was just a little tyke then, still in diapers.  A couple of years ago Willow and her family also came to visit me on the farm in Missouri.  I try to go to Oregon twice a year to see her and her family, but this darned pandemic has made travel harder, so I don't get to Oregon as often as I would like.

Willow, I hope that you and your cats, and Pixie, and your brothers, and your parents all have a wonderful time on your birthday.  May your day be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and very, very special!

Much love, Pa Rock.

No comments: