Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Olive Is Ten!


by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

My oldest granddaughter, Olive Noel Macy, is ten-years-old today - double digits!  I was home on leave from my job on Okinawa with the US Air Force when Olive arrived in this world, and I followed her parents to the hospital for the big event.   That was an exciting day!

Six months later Olive and her parents came to visit me on Okinawa.  I will never forget all of the Okinawan women who would rush forward asking to hold my little red-headed granddaughter!  She was the star of the island!

Now Olive is in fourth grade and she is a math whiz.  She recently tested and won a coveted spot on her school's Mathletics team - one of only three fourth graders on the team that competes with other area schools, this year via "Zoom."  We are all very proud of that fine accomplishment!

Olive is also a paid dog-walker and a talented musician who plays the ukulele and piano - and in her spare time she takes care of a giant lizard (a "bearded dragon") named "Mushu" who lives in an aquarium in her room.  ("Mushu" was the name of a Chinese dragon in the Disney movie, "Mulan.")     Olive is also a walking encyclopedia of facts on the Netflix series "Stranger Things."  She is a very smart and interesting young lady!

I will be seeing Olive and her little brother, Sully, this weekend when we are all going to the Kansas City area Renaissance Faire.  Huzzah!

Have a great birthday, Olive.   Pa Rock loves you and will see you on Friday!

No comments: