Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Judah, Age Eleven

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

My grandson, Judah Files, was born eleven years ago today in Oregon.  He was my third grandson, and at that time I had no granddaughters.  I was beginning to think that all grandchildren were boys!

My father (Judah's great-grandfather Macy) passed away when Judah was only twenty-three days old, so I met my new grandson when he and his family flew to Missouri for the funeral.  Later, the following July, I visited with him and his family in Oregon, and then a few days after that I got on a plane and flew to Okinawa for a new job.

Judah made one other trip to Missouri.  In July of 2017 he and his family flew to the Midwest to vacation and visit with several relatives.  When they arrived at my little place in the Ozarks the farm geese raced up to their rental car to bid them welcome.   Judah was out of the car in a flash and in full chase mode as he ran after the fleeing geese yelling,"Ducks!  Ducks!  Ducks!"  It was an exciting afternoon!

Judah likes the "Cars" movies as well as actual small cars that you push around on the floor and on tracks. He may have more toy and model cars than any other kid in the whole state of Oregon.  He has tracks for racing, car transports, and even car parking garages!  If you're looking for a particular type of car, Judah probably has one in stock!

My eleven-year-old grandson is also into computer games.  Not too long ago he told me about a game called "Minecraft" that he was enjoying.  (The last time Pa Rock played a computer game it was "The Oregon Trail" and he played it in a covered wagon!). But "Minecraft" sounded like fun, especially the way it was being explained by an excited grandchild!

Happy birthday, Judah - and party hearty!  Enjoy being eleven!

Pa Rock will see you in the spring!

1 comment:

ClassicWritersClub said...

“You're older today than yesterday but younger than tomorrow, you will be thirteen before I know it. happy birthday judah!”
Sebastian.