Saturday, August 19, 2017

Born to Ride!

by Pa Rock
Farmer in Summer

I have just finished two hours on the new zero-turn mowing machine - and I am proud to report that I have mastered the monster.   In two hours of mowing I cut nearly four hours worth of grass - based on what the old mower would have done - and that included quite a bit of maneuvering just for practice.  Later this afternoon I will go out and try to finish.   The yard normally takes a significant  bite out of three days - or more.

I mentioned in the previous post that operating this new contraption was not intuitive.  I was trying to think through every action and response.  Now I feel just the opposite.  After some relaxed practice I found the operation of the zero-turn machine to be completely intuitive.  Once I quit trying to over-think everything  and just developed a feel for the machine's capabilities, it began to feel like it was an extension of myself.  I thought about what I wanted the mower to do - and not necessarily the process for doing it - and the mower responded.

Yesterday I was feeling like John Travolta being thrown around by a mechanical bull - but today I was Dennis Hopper roaring down the highway on a Harley!

Damn, I'm good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! My friend Marianne also has acres of lawn to mow and now has one of these machines. I don't think she mastered hers as fast as you did thought.... :)

Marianne Love said...

Yes, it took me a while---even almost wiped out my lawnmower repairman/salesman and did collide with some garden ornamental bricks. BUT, will never go back to a conventional mower. Zero turn is the only way to turn!

Anonymous said...

this is really nice information of zero turn lawn mower, I am also having a same lawn mower in my garden, and I would like to share some of my experiences and review on that, you can add it to your blog also,go to this site for more information, truly it will be useful for you.