Sunday, October 12, 2014

Glenda the Good Witch Turns Three!

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

My lovely granddaughter, Olive Noel Macy, turns three today at her home in Roeland Park, Kansas - a suburb of Kansas City.  I wasn't able to go this year, but I was in Kansas City three years ago on the day she was born and got to meet Sweet Olive when she was just a few minutes old.

(When Olive turned six-months-old she was visiting me at my home on Okinawa.  She has been quite the world traveler!)

Olive had her birthday party yesterday -  a costume affair with dinner for the guests.  Olive, like her grand-aunt, Gail, is a big fan of The Wizard of Oz, so she chose to be Glenda (the good witch) for her party.  Her mother, Erin, was dressed as Dorothy.  Tim sent me a beautiful email photo of the two of them in costume, and I have already picked up a couple of prints of it at our local Walgreen's.

Olive, I know you had a wonderful party yesterday and that your parents worked very hard to make your day special.  I hope that you are having a really great day today as you turn three.  Live it up - you only turn three once!

Watch out for falling houses!

Much love to you!

Pa Rock

No comments: