Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ellen's Got Milk

by Pa Rock
Cultural Observer

I don't watch daytime television, due in large part to the fact that it is so bad - and also because I work days. But yesterday I happened to walk past a television set just as Ellen DeGeneres was discussing the movie Milk on her show. I liked that movie, a lot, and wondered what the lesbian take on it might be. Ellen, being Ellen, delivered a sock-o one-liner that slammed the nail right on the head. She said, "This is a great movie and I know that you're going to like it - unless you happen to be lactose intolerant!" And then she told her audience that they each would be receiving a free copy of the DVD.

Before I could pull myself away from that clingy television, Ellen flashed up a picture of her wife, Portia de Rossi, and said that she would air an interview that she conducted with Portia on her show next Tuesday. I don't claim to be totally in tune with modern life, but I certainly have no problem with gay marriage. The DeGeneres - de Rossi union, in particular, is very understandable. Ellen latched on to an absolutely beautiful wife, and Portia now has a rich spouse who can dance.

What's not to love?

No comments: