Saturday, October 15, 2022

California or Bust!

 
by Pa Rock
Road Warrior

Rosie and I are on the road to the California, Missouri, area today where we plan to visit my very good friend, Millie.  Millie and I were in the same graduate social work group at the University of Missouri in Columbia in the late 1990's and for much of that time we were housemates, sharing the basement of a friend's very nice home.  Nearly twenty-five years have slipped by since then.  Tempus fugit!

A lot has happened in our lives since those carefree days in Columbia.  Millie has gone on to great professional heights as an important city official in two major US cities, and I have worked as an administrator with the Missouri Children's Division and as a civilian social work counselor with the military.   Millie is still working, and in her "spare" time raises goats and chickens on a small farm of her own - and I mow.

We both share a love of Great Pyrenees dogs, and I am anxious to meet her new one.  Rosie probably does not share my enthusiasm about cavorting and playing with a giant white dog!

Anyway, in an hour or so we will load the car - I am taking my stash of egg cartons and an incubator to my friend - and head out to the area around California, Missouri.  It's a three-hour drive, and we hope to be home again by late this afternoon.

But for now, it's California or bust!

No comments: