Friday, March 18, 2022

A Day on the Road

 
by Pa Rock
Road Warrior

I’m headed to extreme southwest Missouri this morning to deliver my income tax materials to the lady who has prepared my taxes for the past forty years.  I suffer from a constant fear that I will outlive her and will then have to trust my tax preparations to some novice who isn’t familiar with my entire personal and work history.


The round trip will be about 400 miles.  I have an option of spending a night a my sister’s place in Rogers, Arkansas, but suspect that after she and I have lunch I will elect to drive back to the peace and tranquility of my little place in south-central Missouri.  Be it ever so humble . . . and all that jazz!


Rosie will stay in West Plains, and she will be quite unhappy when she figures out that I have left for the day.


On the road again . . . just can’t wait to get on the road again!


No comments: