Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Pa Rock, Unplugged

 
by Pa Rock
Curmudgeon

Tuesday morning finds my happy butt parked at one of our two local McDonald's stealing wifi.  Well, I did buy an iced tea, so I guess I am technically renting their wifi, but I have used it on many occasions without paying any tribute to King Ronald.  That's just the way I roll.

Today marks the second power outage to hit my neighborhood in as many days, and it's getting to be a bit old.   Yes, I am retired, but I am far from idle - and I have many tasks to perform each day which involve electricity and wifi.  (Such as banging out this blog, for instance.)   Even vegging out in front of the television, something I am apt to do in the late afternoons, requires electricity and wife.

And when my electrical connection to West Plains Power and Light is broken, the wifi is gone, too.  Bother!

So at 9:30 on Tuesday morning I am already thoroughly pissed off.   That makes this the perfect time to head on over to Walgreen's and inquire as why they can't quit messing up my prescription orders!

It's hell being retired!


No comments: