Thursday, April 5, 2018

Seeing Plenty of the Show-Me State

by Pa Rock
Road Warrior

This past Monday I made an overnight trip to McDonald County, primarily for a workplace reunion that turned out to be a dud.  Then yesterday, just as I was getting acclimated to being home again, my six-year-old  computer began crashing  - odd sounds, flashing backgrounds, loss of function.  I quickly arranged things so that I could rush to Kansas City today where I would be able to pick up my computer-literate son and take him to the Apple Store - where I would either get the sick computer repaired or buy a new one.  With all of the sudden symptoms that mine had, I assumed that I would be returning home with a new laptop.

I brought the ailing computer into Tim's house just to show him the bizarre things that it was doing.  He turned the little machine on, fiddled with it for less than ten seconds, and handed it back to me with the announcement that it was fixed!

Color me technologically challenged.

My over-nighter in the Kansas City suburbs will have some upsides - a supply run to Costco, and, I suspect, the purchase of a cheap computer so I will have a backup machine the next time that mine decides to go on strike.  All of that, and I will get to play with my grandkids for a couple of hours.  Seeing Olive and Sully makes the long drive worthwhile!

The big downside is that Rosie did not get to make either trip - and she is barking mad about it!


No comments: